I completely resonate with this, because I feel like I’m always looking ahead to what’s possible. This blog is a prime example of that – it started as simply a place for me to track what I was reading and my thoughts on those books. And, over the last ten years, it has started to become a more fully-rounded resource for writers and self-publishers. In the coming years, I hope to expand it and offer even more to my readers.
When I set my goals at the start of each year, I have tended to divide them into three categories: This blog and business (Blondie Marie), my property management company (Padilla Homes), and personal goals.
So, in the spirit of transparency, here are my goals for 2019:
- To read 52 books -- one book per week
- To write 2 books -- one novel and one nonfiction book to accompany The Story Map outlining template I have available for free.
- To write 5 posts per week and 2 newsletters per month -- four posts on this blog each week, one post on Medium each week, and two newsletters sent directly to subscribers' inboxes.
- To fulfill 6 editing contracts.
- To create an effective workspace (i.e. clean and organize my office).
- To develop efficient systems and processes.
- To create a website and brand the company.
- To follow through on my ideal day and routines (specifically the morning routine).
- To exercise consistently 4-6 days per week, varying between running, yoga, and circuit training.
One tip to keep in mind – when you set your goals, make sure they are S.M.A.R.T.:
- S: Specific
- M: Measurable
- A: Achievable / Attainable
- R: Relevant
- T: Timely